Short print courses 2020
Terms and Conditions
1.YOUR BOOKING – a booking form must be completed and signed where indicated. The person who signs the form shall be deemed to act as the agent for all persons shown on the form and his signature binds all such persons including the signatory jointly and severally to the booking terms and conditions . This agreement is covered by English Law
2. DEPOSIT PAYMENT – At the time of asking for your booking to be confirmed a deposit of approximately of £250 will be taken.
3. PAYMENT OF BALANCE – You must pay the balance of the cost of the course a full 12 weeks prior to the commencement of your holiday/course. If you do not we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled in which case you are still liable to pay us cancellation charges of 100% of the total course/holiday fee. The balance is payable in sterling
4. LATE PAYMENT If your payment has not been received by the time you arrive at chapeau de paille for your course please kindly make payment in cash in Euros on arrival.
5. IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING– if you or any member of your party wish to cancel your booking or any part of it once confirmed and you have paid your deposit you must do so by giving written notification to us (email is fine), the person who signed the form must sign the letter or send the email. To compensate for the expense of processing your booking and for the risk that we may not be able to replace your booking, a cancellation fee is chargeable namely 80 pounds sterling if your written cancellation is received before the 12 weeks before the beginning of the course.
After that period a sum equal to the balance of the total cost of the course/holiday is payable. If you have already paid in full we cannot make refunds after that date. We strongly recommend that clients take out appropriate travel insurance in order to be covered in the event of cancellation.
6.YOUR COURSE RESERVATION – On receipt of your email and booking form we will speedily advise you whether we are able to make the reservation requested and if we are able to do so we will send you written confirmation with details of the amount payable in accordance with condition 3 above.
7. WE MAY CHANGE YOUR COURSE /ACCOMODATION – On occasions it may be necessary to amend the arrangements for your course and we reserve the right to do so at any time. In this event we will inform you as soon as possible. we will try and keep the accommodation as requested but may request a move to similar same price accomodation.
8. IF WE CANCEL YOUR COURSE – Although it is unlikely we reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your course. In this event we will advise you as soon as possible and we will do our best to offer you an alternative course or a total refund of your deposit will be made.
9. PRICE CHANGES – We reserve the right to increase the price of your holiday after you have booked but no later than 30 days before the departure date stipulated and will forward an Amendment Invoice reflecting any changes made. Any increase to your holiday price will be as the result of changes in our costs of supplying your holiday resulting from transportation charges, currency fluctuations and government action. If the increase is more than 10% of the holiday price then you may cancel your holiday booking within 14 days of the Amendment Invoice date and receive a refund of all monies paid to us.
9. PRICES FIXED IN EUROS – The prices are set in sterling.
10.FORCE MAJEUR – Deposit refunds do not apply when your course is cancelled as a result of risk of war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions and similar events beyond our control.
11.MISADVENTURE – We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage you may suffer during the period of your course due to accident, illness of bodily injury or loss of equipment of belongings or from any other cause unless resulting from our negligence or that of our employees. We would stress the absolute necessity for you and the other members of your party to effect appropriate insurance cover and we would advise you obtain a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) which entitles you to certain free medical care in the European Economic Area if you are an EU citizen. You can apply for a free card online at ehic.org.uk
12. CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT TIMES – We do not allow earlier check in dates for the courses. Check in is as arranged on the day.
14. Chapeau de Paille reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to decline to accept any application for a course or to remove anyone who, in our judgement, disrupts other students.
15. All extra costs incurred at chapeau de paille ( ie extra materials / transport / cases of wine etc../ taxis ) must be paid for in Euros.
Visitors need to be reasonably fit and mobile to access chapeau de paille as the structure of the building makes disabled access difficult. There is only one bedroom on the ground floor, the rest are on the first floor, up a flight of stone stairs. We have one toilet at ground level in the garden house open during course hours. The building is arranged around a garden with gravel and there are steps to negotiate in and around the buildings. The terrace is up a set of steps as well. The village house is a short walk from Chapeau de paille.
Workshops outside will require some walking and use of stools….. often on un even ground. If you have any issues you wish to discuss please do so before booking. We require that you fill in a medical form before we take a deposit and it is essential that walking is not a problem to really benefit form the whole course and taking part in the trips.